Pick Your Rock and Metal

Sunday, August 23, 2009

'Chopper' Read out of Belfast gig

Probably the best excuse for pulling out of a gig comes courtesy or Mark 'Chopper' Read...he's dying and is refusing a liver transplant as 'he doesn't deserve it'.

Read had been due to MC the gig by Anal C*nt, Haggis and The Dangerfields on October 14th.

With Hepatits C complicating his liver problems the 55-year-old Aussie anti-hero he issued the following statement:

"I am dying and I accept that. A transplant would save me, but I'm not going to ask for one.

"Why would anybody give 55-year-old Chopper Read a liver over an 11-year-old girl with liver cancer? They wouldn't and I wouldn't ask."

More details on the story, and the usual lurid reportage over Read's criminal past, are in today's Sunday Life, along with the usual hysteria over Anal C*nt.

No comments: